CULINARY ARTS INSTRUCTOR
Impact Institute, located in Kendallville, Indiana, is seeking an instructor in its Culinary Arts program. The Culinary Arts Program is designed to prepare students to join the workforce or continue their education in the area of food service operation, preparation, and ultimately, professional chef. This program is open to high school juniors and seniors from 13 high schools in Northeast Indiana.
Candidates should hold a current teaching license or the ability to obtain an Indiana Workplace Specialist license and have a minimum of 5 years work experience as a Chef. In order to obtain a Workplace Specialist License, candidates must be able to provide documentation of either 6,000 clock hours of occupational experience within 5 years or 4,000 clock hours of occupational experience within the last 10 years and documentation of a two year Associate's Degree or higher. An Associate’s Degree or higher is preferred, but not required.
- A proven track record of success in the career field
- Experience working with students preferred
- Ability to work individually and as a part of a team
- Ability to provide guidance in the career pathway
- Ability to establish relationships with students and industry partners
- The goal of this position is to implement the State-Approved culinary curriculum to prepare students with entry level knowledge and skill requirements in the food service field.
Application deadline is April 21, 2017.
When applying, please send cover letter, resume, and a statement describing your educational beliefs and why you would like to teach.Full Job Description